Monday 21 May 2012

Going Cuckoo for a Courser!

Walking around the Orme in a state of disbelief this morning having received a text about the Hereford Cream Coloured Courser at 4am, I was brought to my senses by a singing Cuckoo. The bird showed well around the cemetery. Pete Alderson had another two birds in the limestone area, meaning there had been an influx of cuckoos overnight. 20+ Redpolls, Tree Pipit, Lesser Whitethroat and a handfull of Phylloscs were present too. Saying that, I may well have missed something as my mind was elsewhere........

1 comment:

  1. Marc.
    Were you in the back of Johns car waving? Sorry I couldn't stop but needed to get back to work!
    What a cracking bird and followed a week later by the Orphean Warbler. \the year of the pull-backs........

    ReplyDelete